- George W. Bush didn't initiate a nuclear war to hasten the second coming of Christ.
- Osama bin Laden wasn't mysteriously captured the day before the election.
- A terrorist attack against the United States wasn't engineered by the CIA the day before the election.
- Martial law wasn't declared the day of the election.
- Barack Obama wasn't killed before the election.
- The election wasn't "stolen," either by supposed trickery in Diebold's electronic voting machines, or by massive voter disenfranchisement.
I was ridiculed as naive for dismissing each of those conspiracy theories.
I guess the reasonable middle is right yet again.